When travelling around Australia I don’t want to be lumbered with heavy travel gear and accessories and I’m sure you don’t either. Luckily I have discovered some items to help me pack better and lighter. What I have found is collapsable travel gear and accessories. They are proving to be a godsend as they let me travel with more items because the items are compact and easy to carry. And they can be used them in a variety of settings including camping, hostelling, living in a van, while hiking, on a picnic or even while living at home. Here is my current list of collapsable travel gear and accessories which I expect will become your new best friends too.
Table of Contents
Advantages of Collapsable Travel Gear and Accessories
From using collapsable travel gear and accessories I have discovered a number of advantages to them. They include:
- Space Saving – because they collapse to small things they save on space
- Light – most of them are made from light materials like silicone which are non-toxic
- Durable and Strong
- Easy to move and transport because they collapse
- Handy to have as you don’t know what is available at your next stop
- Can be used for both hot and cold food and water
- Easy to clean and safe to handle as they don’t break
- Most are environmentally friendly
- Cleaning them is a breeze, you just wash them like other items
- Reusable, time and time again.
Disadvantages of Collapsable Travel Gear and Accessories
I haven’t really found any yet. But, I am wondering how long some of the items will last, because I am a ‘heavy user’ of my items. Meaning, they get a lot of use. I guess time will only tell. But the silicone that many of the collapsable travel gear and accessories are made out of seems really strong.
Collapsable Travel Gear and Accessories
As well as being cups you can use them as coasters.
These are fabulous. No more throwing plastic and paper plates away. And they are so easy to clean.
You never know when you will need a ‘cuppa’ and this kettle is so handy.
Soak your feet after a great long day walking.
I cannot live without my laptop stand. No more back pain for me!
So there you have it, my list of collapsable travel gear and accessories. All very useful items, don’t you think? Many of them, if not all of them, will be very helpful and useful on your Australian travels. As I have already discovered and can recommend them. If you are currently using one or more of the items or know of another one I can add to the list please mention them in the comments below.